Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just reprogrammed a 2nd remote in in my 2010 srx. Both will…

Customer Question
Just reprogrammed a 2nd...

Just reprogrammed a 2nd remote in in my 2010 srx. Both will open and close, remote start, etc. but neither one will start the car. The message is not remote detected. Tried the bottom of the console, still will not recognize either one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I did was reprogram a second new remote according to the instructions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I only want to connect if he can solve my problem without taking it to a dealer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/10/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

Sounds like your procedure for the remotes has erased the transponder chip ID from the keys in the immobilizer, hence it does not see any programmed keys.

Can you show me how you did this remote programming?

Gary

I used the instructions found on the web, using the key in the door to the unlock position 5 times, etc. The fobs work for all functions except when trying to start the vehicle I get the no remote detected message. Replaced batteries also.

I'll opt out, a US tech should be along shortly.

I only program with a scan tool.

Gary