Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 1986 cadillac deville. The driver's information…

Customer Question
I have an 1986...

I have an 1986 cadillac deville. The driver's information center does not display. I can push a button to make the km show in miles/gallons to liters. But the screen in front of the shifter does not read or light up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

There is a console with a t shifter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

In front of the that their are two rectangular shapes. The top one is climate controle. It does not have a screen. the bottom one has a screen and buttons. it should display engine codes and other issues like time of day, ect. it does not display at all. the buttons on it do nothing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/8/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

good morning

the most common failure for this, is the body control module. it is behind the glove box. I attached a picture for you to view

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

The gauge cluster on the dash is in two sections: left and right. The right section is commonly called CCDI: Climate Control and Driver's information. The DI is what is not displaying. It has digital read outs. What the........expletive.....does the body control module have to do with the digital readout which is below the climate control center?

the bcm controls the function of the havc displays, fuel indicator and driver information system.

it all runs through the bcm. did a lot of them back in the day for this issue.

Roy

Roy

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician