Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Are there any ballast off brands that will work on dts 2006…

Customer Question
Are there any ballast...

Are there any ballast off brands that will work on dts 2006 cadillac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic that will do repair, but cadillac parts at several hundred and i would like some alternative that works and is much cheaper

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How many hours to change

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/7/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Just to be sure, you are referring to the HID headlamp ballasts, correct?

If so, do you need for both sides, or just the driver or just the passenger side?

Drivers side only

HI,

Standard makes one, as does Dorman. Both are available on RockAuto.com

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/cadillac,2006,dts,4.6l+v8,1432039,electrical,hid+lighting+ballast,15962

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager