Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Remote keys got washed and now alarm is going off every 10…

Customer Question
Remote keys got washed...

Remote keys got washed and now alarm is going off every 10 min

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can get in but alarm keeps going off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Haven't tried anything with the mini

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/7/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Frankie Pintado,
 replied 4 months ago
Frankie Pintado

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am the Expert who will be assisting you today.

The water in your key fob is making connections which mimic pressing the buttons. Like most electronics, water may damage it permanently. You need to get the battery out and leave the case open so it can dry. It may or may not work after that and it cannot be repaired, only replaced. I have seen them come back from water intrusion so you have a pretty good chance it will work if you can dry it out.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician