Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 07 Cadillac escalade and I used my spare key to…

Customer Question
I have a 07 Cadillac...
I have a 07 Cadillac escalade and I used my spare key to unlock the driver door and then press the unlock button to access the backseat. I have no power locks and when I try to start the truck factory alarm sounds and prevents me from starting the truck.My remote was working before all this but now nothing, I changed the battery in remote and still nothing..need help
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/6/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you , I m hoping the anti theft triggered on ,cause battery weak, key remote etc , we use a Gm tech II scaner to reset and read fault codes
But let’s try a master reset for now ,since all was working prior , Make sure car battery has good 12 volts and holding then try below master resetMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat