Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rear hatch can be opened with the doors locked. 22,000 miles…

Customer Question
Rear hatch can be...

Rear hatch can be opened with the doors locked

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

22,000 miles 2016 model....never happened before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Cadillac?

srx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cadillac house said it was a low remote. Took it to the battery store. Replaced the battery in the remote

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/6/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an issue with the tail gate lock assembly.I have seen this lock/latch assembly fail in the past before causing this issue here needing replaced.You will need to have the signals tested to see if for sure it needs to be replaced but this does sound to be the case.Either this or broken wiring leading from the body to the tail gate which should be checked into as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete