Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS and lately it’s having weird

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Cadillac CTS and lately it’s having weird issues. Key won’t come out of the ignition when I turn it off and the driver door won’t lock properly. If I lock it, it just pops pack up. The anti theft light and traction control light stay on on the dash. I’m only able to release the key by using the button under the steering wheel. Also when driving sometimes the ac will not work and randomly the fuel and temperature bars will read zero and the anti theft light will come on also.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I don’t know which fuses I should check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

My father is working on it. I have replaced the battery so far.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Those are the issues it’s having

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/3/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics so I can go thru them and see where the likely issue is and any testing needed to confirm

Last 8 of vin is 70145734.

Having gone over the schematics, I am not sure of the issue, so I will opt out and see if another expert can help