Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The theft system is making the car stop running while im…

Customer Question
The theft system is...

The theft system is making the car stop running while im driving it then it will just not start at all and the its giving a battery drainage also should I get a stronger batter and disable the theft system

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are not its new it was just replaced but not with the same kind that was in the car before the battery looks different

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

cts 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have already replace the starter and the sensor box and a new battery but it keeps going dead belts and fuel lines all are new and the lock switch for the key is new and I even brought a new key and reprogramed it to the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of any help would help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
is this something I can fix myself or do I need to take it to a dealership
12/2/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Whether or not you could repair it yourself depends on your capability and comfort level and what you have for tools.

There are many possible causes for the engine dying while driving and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. Factory security can only cause the engine to die immediately after startup; if it's dying after that the problem is either lost spark, fuel, or the engine controller itself may be going down.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.