Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The, dic says unable to start due to security system

Customer Question
Dic says unable to...

Dic says unable to start due to security system engaged. I had a new key made but it still won't start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Did you do the relearn procedure with the new key

there was no information for me on the new key

HI,

Ok, you need to do the following(the car battery needs to be strong as it is a 30 minute procedure)

30 minute GM relearn procedure:

1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Were you able to get it started using the factory directions I supplied?

If so, then please rate at this time so that I receive credit. If not, then let me know so we can go from there.

Please note that continued failure to rate service will result in experts no longer willing to answer any future question you may post as they realize that they will not be rated to receive credit and be paid for their time and services. Thank you.

I was away from my car until today. Your instructions did not work. There was no security light on. The DIE displayEd STARTING-BLOCKS DISABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM REMOVED IGNITION KEY
Send e mail for Further instructions. I have a hearing Problem over the phone. Correction should read DIC Digital Info Center.
The DIC displayed STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT SYSTEM REMOVE IGNITION KEY

Substitute Starting disabled due to theft system for Security

HI,

30 minute GM relearn procedure:

3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the Starting disabled due to theft system), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

I did this twice. The display never turns off
the remove ignition key stays on

Ok, that is the only relearn procedure I know to reset the security system for yours besides using a scan tool to do it. I will opt out and see if another expert knows of an alternate method.

If no one else posts, then that means there is no other method, which unfortunately will mean it will need to be towed to a shop to have the relearn procedure done with a diagnostic scan tool