Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Crankshaft sensor need to be replaced I'm guessing from

Customer Question
Crankshaft sensor need to...

Crankshaft sensor need to be replaced I'm guessing from codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

P0335 p0385 p0340

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cadillac?

00 elderado

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car is in a no start state

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The codes you have set here are for crank and cam sensor circuit faults.It is very possible the crank sensors are the cause here as these were common to fail to cause this issue here.These are located above the engine oil filter.
Here is the diagnosis of one of your crank sensor codes.This needs followed to pinpoint if the sensors are the cause or if you have a wiring fault or PCM at fault.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za6oczha9fl177c/c-11-30.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sy0p1ohyin2tpf/cr-11-30.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzxvf2778vxp1ur/cra-11-30.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.
Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician