Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It cranks but won't start. I changed all the plugs and fuel…

Customer Question
It cranks but won't...

It cranks but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes I changed all the plugs and fuel filter when I checked to see if fuel is getting to the injectors there's no fuel getting to them.would a bad fuel pump cause this issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

06 cts 3.6 rwd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've changed the camshaft sensor I replaced all the plugs put new oil in it new fuel filter as well

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes if the theft deterrent is on for some reason will that cause it not to start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue
This issue here sound like a CKP sensor,crankshaft postion sensor ,this sensor is located at the crank pulley tells Car computer to pulse the injectors after it verifies the car is in Correct Time ,with out that signal the injector will not pulse since no tii g signal , I would replace that sensor .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Now if the security light is triggered on will cause the no start Since will also cut ground to injectors
Is the key been recognized and the light goes away after key inserted ?
If not then you need a Gm tech II scaner to read anti theft and retrieve fault codes to pull up pin point trouble shoot and be accurate
Now if we are not getting fuel or injectors not pulsing but we do have spark , meaning CKP sensor ok, we can spray starting fluid in the intake and try to start if it start runs and dies , that means we have spark but no injector pulse since spray starting fluid in intake you by pass injectors .