Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No crank,radio,windows,door locks,dignostic conector no

Customer Question
No crank,radio,windows,door locks,dignostic conector...

No crank,radio,windows,door locks,dignostic conector no comuation .information on dash is all 00. bat, goes dead. no. 7 fuse under hood has 7mv draw. ck. door sill ground rear ground by tail lights good. have wire diagram from identafix to help. whats next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

THEY were working fine I have check ing.switch with test lite

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Cadillac?

Sorry 2005 deville 4.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes had shop for 38 years. no. 7 fuse under hood draw is 7 m.v. check all fuses realys check grounds at ft. sill plates and rear at tail lights.have jumperd solenoid wire starter works,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had to have key made I did the pass lock .it worked fine until[ I cleaed codes p1630,p1819,u1040,p0742.i took fenders off replaced rt headlight. back the car up came back next day and it all started

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any wiring issues in the engine bay area for any crimped/shorted or damaged wires needing repaired or replaced.In some cases, this can be a wiring fault needing repaired to resolve this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician