Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 SRX with Cue and I'm wondering if I can get a…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 SRX with Cue and I'm wondering if I can get a backup camera installed that would work with the existing lcd screen

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

It did not come with the camera I wasn't sure if the service center at a dealership might be able to do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
11/29/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best thing to do is to speak with a dealer to see if they sell a retro fit kit to install this.I am not seeing this as an option on my end but it is possible they do carry or can get one to make this work.Most likely they will need to do some programming as well.

If they say it is not an option you can visit an audio or car electronic install facility near you to see if they sell or can get anything that will work for your model as in some cases there can be after market accessories that wire in and work with your vehicles electronics.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete