Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I keep having the issue with the idle revving. I remapped it…

Customer Question
I keep having the...

I keep having the issue with the idle revving. I remapped it and it is running fine now but after a rain storm or something it seems to return? Help?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

107000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Storm?

04

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Storm yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cts

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 5 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I attached a re-learn procedure for you to try, but if it doesn't work, then the IAC motor may be bad.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor