Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a the 2015 Cadillac Escalade. The check engine light…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a the 2015 Cadillac Escalade. The check engine light was on at first so I took it to the shop to get checked, I was told that the battery in my key fob was low and that I needed a new one of the light would come back on. So I replaced the battery and everything was working fine until this morning. Now the car won’t start. Whenever I proved to start it makes a clicking noise and the dash lights up saying anti theft deterent. It also says low battery. What can I do to solve this problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

They stay on. The dash board turns off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried disconnecting the negative portion of the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/23/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are having a great day. My name is***** am a Cadillac technician and would be happy to assist you with this.

It sounds to me like there is either a problem with the vehicle battery, or with the theft signal receiver module. Do you by chance have access to a battery charger or some jumper cables? If you do, I would recommend disconnecting the battery to reset the theft system (see attached link below for reset instructions) After performing the reset I would like to get the battery on a charger for a bit, after getting it charged we will be able to determine if that is the issue or not. Let me know if you can do this :)

http://mymastermechanic1.com/how-to-reset-a-car-alarm

Thank you for you fast reply! I will follow the steps you sent and let you know how it goes.

You are very welcome! Let me know what you find out and I will be here to continue to help if needed :)

Hi Gabriel, I tried doing what you said but the car is still doing the same think. When I try to turn it on the dash goes off and it starts making a clicking noise. Then the lights come back on and there are multiple service errors that pop up on the screen.
Alright I see. If it is still displaying the theft warning then unfortunately you may need to see if the dealership can get it in and scanned. At this point there is most likely an issue with the anti theft or communication network, and will need a scan tool to diagnose/program the system