Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radio only infrequently works. Always works with Sirius.

Radio only infrequently works...

Radio only infrequently works. Always works with Sirius. 2008 sts. 34000 Miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Came with the car. Nose system I think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. Not sure what to do.

11/22/2017
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** the radio does not work does it not power up? Does it turn on and there is just no sound? Static?

No sound, just static, for radio channels. Works o.k. with satellite radio, Sirius.

Thank you. If there is static then most of the time the issue is within the receiver antenna. It may have failed and is causing this. I have also seen the radio unit fail internally and cause this. What I usually do is pull out the radio and check the connections on the rear of it. I usually do it when the radio is on to see if the noise changes when checking the connections. If there is change then it is a connection issue. If not then it is the radio.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician