Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 Cadillac with a North star engine that I had a…

I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 Cadillac with a North star engine that I had a mechanic repair the head gaskets.it still overheats.He claims the pellet we added to the new coolant was not necessary and gunned up the system causing the overheating.Do you agree..

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

101000 .can't drive it mote than 2 miles.It overheats.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '97 Cadillac?

Sedan DeVille

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a mechanic fix it.

11/22/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue ,
Did he replace the head bolts , the head gasket job on this car requires new head bolts and rethreading of new head bolts and will have new sleeves inserted ,if he only pulled heads and send to machine shop and installed new head gasket only with out buy the bolt kit and the procedure to do it ,it want work, what happens is when the car start to over heats those head bolts will stretch and cause a gap in the gaskette making it over heat again, it is common problem if repair shop has no experience doing this job .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat