Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The remote start stop working. I notice this after I had the…

The remote start stop...

The remote start stop working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes. I notice this after I had the Cadillac converters flushed from the shop due to the check engine light. I think they disconnected the batter and deactivated the auto start.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2007 Cadillac escalade esv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to reset the auto start. Everything else is ok.

11/22/2017
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician
Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Cadillac technician and I would be happy to assist you with this.The remote start system will be deactivated anytime there is a code stored or the check engine light is on, this is a safety feature of the engine.If they flushed the system chances are they had some sensors unplugged while they were running the flush, and the vehicle saved the trouble codes. I would give them a call and let them know you need the DTCs cleared, that should take care of the issue
Ok thanks. Can they be cleared with a handheld programmer. If so I already have one to do it.

Yes as long as it has the ability to read/clear hard faults that will be just fine :)

Ok I will give it a try. Thanks!

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any further questions about it.

I would appreciate if you could take a moment to leave me a positive score by clicking the stars above, as that is how I am compensated for my time, Thank You!

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician