Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My brake lights do not work I've checked and changed the

relay the brake pedal switch...
My brake lights do not work I've checked and changed the relay the brake pedal switch the bulbs and I had a burnt socket that I replaced also any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: yes fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?
Customer: 05 cts basic model
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have changed all the tail light bulbs I have changed to Bas relay check the Bas use I had a burnt socket on the passenger side that I replaced I have power going to one of the pins of the relays when I pull the relay out and I have power to the light harness I have power on the turn signal pen of the harness the harness is a 7-pin I have power to 4 of them but I do not have power to the other three
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I have checked a lot of stuff and I'm stumped I'm electrician for a living so I get the gist of the wiring stuff
11/22/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Jump pin 87 to pin 30 on the BAS relay, et me know I that turns on brake lights

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i dont get nothing
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i dont get nothing at all

Do either of the pins have battery voltage?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
When I hold my test light to it Pin 30 gets hot when I hit the brakes
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
sorry its 86 thats hot

87 or 30 should have voltage too if not this either means the 15 amp BAS fuse is blown or fuse box has failed. Check to see if fuse is blown if not check to see if it has voltage if so replace fuse box. let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks for your help I got it figured out but I'm not for sure what it really was because I had checked the fuse yesterday also and it was good that's why I replace the relay but then the fuse was all the sudden blown so I replaced it and it was okay for like 3 or 4 minutes then it blew again so I took the taillights back apart replace the fuse again put one bulb in at a time and now it's holding for some reason so thanks for your help
Dan, Technician