Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Anti-Theft light is on and I cannot remove the key from…

Customer Question
The Anti-Theft light is...

The Anti-Theft light is on and I cannot remove the key from the ignition it will not fully turn off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No I'm unsure of how to do this and what fuses would I check

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

It's an 05 CTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's something as simple as resetting the computer yes I can do that myself otherwise if it's too involved I'll have someone else do it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
11/20/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a low battery issue.If you have not tried to recharge the battery or to try a jump start I would start with this.If it then operates then I would have the battery and alternator tested for any issues.If this is or was already checked or done and did not resolve the fault let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete