Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

07 Cadillac CTS 2.8, both Corner brake lights not working

Customer Question
but third brake light on...
07 Cadillac CTS 2.8, both Corner brake lights not working but third brake light on trunk does operate correctly. Fuses not blown bulbs have been replaced and still only have one of three brake lights working..
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: Car has 38000 miles and brake fluid level is fine
JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the fuse, I have replaced the bulbs, and I'm spent hours online researching, still no answers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure! When I make right-hand turns into parking stalls the brakes fail!!!
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 2 days by:
11/21/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 25 days ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No it has not been resolved yet, have been waiting for a correct answer from your team... I have been on many forums on both these issues and seems to be a reoccurring problem for many CTS owners
Cadillac Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 24 days ago

hey how are you

we have a brake light switch under the brake pedal, check connection or replace that is the most likely problem

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
is there multiple brake switches? Because as I stated there is one light functioning. If the switch was bad, I wouldn't have any lights at all.
Cadillac Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 23 days ago

not just one, but part of it internal could be bad

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
As I had stated, I needed a technical answer. I have already done all the basics myself. My second question was never even attempted to be answered. This site has been a waste of my time and money.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Both problems still exist and nothing has been suggested that I hadn't already checked myself.
Cadillac Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 20 days ago

I see weel that is all I know on it will opt out for other expert for you

Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 20 days ago
Dan, Technician

Still need help? It probably isn't going to be as simple as you would like.

Dan, Technician