Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We tried opening the tailgate/trunk .We tried everything.

Customer Question
We tried opening the...

We tried opening the tailgate/trunk .We tried everything . Also could not find a manual handle to open it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

It will not open also could not find a manual override.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2006 Cadillac escalade.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

A friend is helping me. We tried the fob, replaced the battery of the fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

After no luck , I took it to a reliable mechanic but had to go out of town and have to take it back to him on Monday.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/19/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Today I have worked my fingers numb and just can not get to everyone. I am pretty sure I can help. Sometimes customers need help now and if help comes later it is just to late. In your case if it is not to late, let me know and I will do my best to earn your business.

Chris

We have already sent the payments of $5 and $21. Hope to get a response soon.

We can get the liftgate open but we need to do it from inside the vehicle with the gate trim off. Is that something you feel like you can do with my help?