Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bumped the curb with my Cadillac STS 2007 and the lights…

Customer Question
I bumped the curb with...
I bumped the curb with my Cadillac STS 2007 and the lights blinked and I lost power. Car is a push button with no key. When I try to start it, the engine light comes on with no crank of any kind.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 3 days by:
11/20/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since this occurred after bumping a curb I suspect a loose power or ground cable issue.I would have the battery cables checked at and leading from the battery for any issues.If these are o.k. have the power feed cables checked leading to the fuse panels as well as the engine grounds.It sounds like a connection was loose and the bump caused a loss of power or ground causing this fault here and these need checked.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Before I have my car towed to cadillac, this is what firestone is saying..... they replaced the battery and this is the code they got: Power train control module pcm uo100.... doesn’t sound right. Nothing was wrong with the car
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 6 months ago

The U0100 code will set when there is a power loss issue like the battery being replaced or disconnected or a power loss issue.This doesn't necessarily indicate the PCM itself is the cause.The code will need to be cleared out with a scan tool and if it comes back again then the power and ground signals need to be tested at the PCM for any loss of power or ground.If a loss of power or ground is found then the fuses and wiring will need to be checked to locate the loss of power or ground.

If all wiring and fuses are found to be o.k. and the code continues to come back it is possible the PCM is failing in your vehicle with it needing replaced.

But this code will need to be tested further and power and ground signals checked to see if the PCM is the cause.The sudden bump when you hit the curb may have loosened a power or ground connection causing this fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete