Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine of my 2006 cadillac cts was changed by an engine…

Customer Question
the engine of my 2006...
the engine of my 2006 cadillac cts was changed by an engine of a 2008 cts the car worked very well for 11 months, a month later I had to try 2/3 to start the car, then it was not possible to turn it on, the mechanic who made the change moved to another city, so I took it to the dealer, after three weeks they called me so I could pick up the car that was ready they had gone out several times to try the car and everything was fine I paid several thousands of dollars for the repair and when they went to pick up the car to give it to me the car did not turn on, the car stayed in the workshop for 3 more days and now they call me to say they can not fix it since the engines are not compatible and a car in those conditions can not work, since a 2008 engine can not be placed in 2006. They recommend that the best thing for me to do is sell the car to a junk car company.I do not know anything about mechanics, I can not understand if the car worked for about a year. They went out in the car several times to try it. Now they tell me to sell it as a junk car.Now the car turns on and after a few minutes it goes offCould you guide me about it?Are they correct?
Is there something they could do to solve the problem?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/16/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

the statement that the dealership stated about the 08 CTS not being the correct engine for your 06 Cadillac is true. There is no compatibility for that engine to function in your vehicle. You can also do a interchange search here http://www.car-part.com. You can clearly see when you search for your vehicle it shows only 06 because your year interchanges only with 06. The 08 is interchangeable for 07-09. The only real way of finding out how the mechanic actually got this vehicle to run for such a long time is unknown unless it is reviewed thoroughly & dismantled. I would not say "junk the car", I would simply install the correct engine which you can purchase at the link I provided. If you decide to purchase the engine from the link, just make sure to do a google review of the business you decide to go with so you do not get scammed. It will still be up to you depending on your budget on what route you would want to go. I would also ask the dealership if you put the correct engine on your vehicle if it will resolve your issues.

If I was there attempting to try to diagnose the vehicle, I would start out by looking for any possible trouble codes that will lead me somewhere & review the live data stream to see if there is any cam/crank correlation errors.

I am so sorry for the current situation you are experiencing, let me know if any of this information helps you :).

Cadillac Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago

It was my pleasure to assist you on your question. If you have a chance, please leave a rating so I can receive credit for the question. It would mean so much to me :). We can still continue after rating if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your issue.