Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Eed to change the pressure transmitter sensor, Evaporative…

Customer Question
Eed to change the...

Eed to change the pressure transmitter sensor,

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Evaporative emissions system pressure sensor code 0451,do I need to remove the fuel tank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 Cadillac cts 3.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, but I don't know were is located, all I know is around the fuel tank but I can't find any access

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/12/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The fuel tank does have to be removed to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor. I'm showing two possible locations for the sensor on this vehicle, either on the fuel pump or mounted directly to the tank. Either way it does require removal of the exhaust system, driveshaft, and then the fuel tank to replace the sensor.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Your ,answer did not help me at all, I, know that the sensor was around the fuel tank, but I need an specific location to see if I can replace it without removing the tank, your website is a waist of time and a complete rip off, $36.00 for this, get the f #%&
out.
Ed
I should get my money back

As I explained in my first post the sensor is on the fuel pump or mounted to the top of the fuel tank, and the fuel tank needs to be removed to access it.

Thanks, ***** ***** but my car is already fix, I have to take it to a mechanic shop to have it done, cost me $260.00 + parts.

I'm glad you got it repaired.