Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 09 STS V8 WITH PUSH BUTTON START WHEN I PUSH THE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 09...

I HAVE A 09 STS V8 WITH PUSH BUTTON START WHEN I PUSH THE BUTTON TO CUT OFF THE ENGINE SHUT OFF BUT I GET A MESSAGE READING NOT IN PARK AND ALL OF THE POWER IS STILL ON RADIO, LIGHTS AND THE MESSAGE NOT IN PARK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

2009 CADILAC STS V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

OFF AND ON FOR FEW MONTHS I DISCONNECT THE BATTERIES AND IT WORK GOOD FOR 3 OR 4 TIMES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

THE CAR WAS PARKED FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS WE PUT IN THE BATTERY AND IT STARTED

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 5 days by:
11/16/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

I am sorry no one has helped You slipped through the cracks or all have viewed and passed. Is there more you can add to your post which may help us more so we can help you. Another option is to just write out another concern you may have and we can try to help on that. I do not want you to feel like we are a scam or avoiding you. We want to help you but we want to make sure the help we provide is not in vain and you will be pleased.

Chris