Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driver side door control does not work at all but all other…

Customer Question
Driver side door control...

Driver side door control does not work at all but all other door controls work fiine .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2008 cadillac escalade esv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i just wiggled a couple wires that connect to the control panel because i noticed it had no power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It had been fluctuating for some time but now it maybe consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cadillac
11/10/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If there is no power getting to the switch plate then it is likely a broken wire possibly in the door jam.

If you understand wire testing with a volt meter and wire diagrams I believe we can figure out and fix this.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris