Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My back door windows won’t go back up I’m using the main…

Customer Question
My back door windows...

My back door windows won’t go back up I’m using the main control on driver door to bring up but nothing and I’m using the remote on the door it’s self where the window is messing up but nothing is happening

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

Cts 08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and just using the controls to raise it up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Actually yes my connection to the car with the key acts up often by saying the key is not detected so I can’t atart the car right when I get in

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/9/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

to begin with, check the 2 rear window fuses in the fuse block rear, they are the LT/Rear/WNDW and Rear/WNDW fuses.

Here is that wiring diagram, as you can see the rear windows are controlled by the body control module, so if both fuses check out ok, then your next step would be to have the trouble codes retrieved from the body control module in order to see what is wrong with the rear windows circuit.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.