Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2014 Cadillac SRX - after no problems won't start - the

2014 Cadillac SRX - after...
2014 Cadillac SRX - after no problems won't start - the yellow engine icon is lit - and when I try to start it begins ticking loud & fast - the dash will light up - but engine won't start... and I had to continue to push the START button to get the engine to stop the loud ticking... what is causing this? Eva
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: hum - no... where do I look? is it really something that simple ? won't turn over
JA: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing - plan to call AAA in the morning and get it towed in - but haven't seen anything this scary with past cars and thought I would do a little research...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope - thanks
10/22/2017
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Hello Eva,

Sounds like a low battery volts condition.

Your description I've seen countless times.

If you get AAA to come to you, that's the first thing I would check.

Low test the battery, if it fails test, replace battery, clear codes set in vehicle from low volts.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks - what I was looking for....

You're welcome Eva.

I'll be here for you when you get it sorted, if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards

Gary

Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician