Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1987 Cadillac Eldorado and it runs fine but only…

I have a 1987 Cadillac...
I have a 1987 Cadillac Eldorado and it runs fine but only the right side of the car's interior exterior lights and nonfunctional
The dash lights don't work either completely I'm just wondering where would be a good area to start it's an OBD one and I don't know too much about them but the car has 40,000 miles or so and is in good condition
10/16/2017
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you saying only the passenger side interior lights and exterior lights work or do not work?

Is it also the back lighting for the instrument cluster and radio that are not lighting up as well?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician
OK if you're on the outside of the car the left front headlight and left rear taillights work not the rights act that's on the outside on the inside the only lights that seem to work are the little backlit stereo lights but the dash illumination and the odometer light don't work and rarely sometimes when you're driving down the road all of a sudden everything pops on shows the true knowledge your Dominar lights the speedometer works and then again shuts down
I'm in front of the car and I can send you pictures

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

Is anything after market installed like a remote start or alarm system?

If you can upload some pics here this could help just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Cary York
Phone call session started