Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The all of the windows on my 2013 XTS Cadillac are going…

Customer Question
The all of the...

The all of the windows on my 2013 XTS Cadillac are going down automatily.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

This problem is happening one or twicw a month

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do not now what to do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/6/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon, my name is***** am a master certified Cadillac technician and would be happy to assist you with this

The XTS window controls are all operated through the master window switch in the driver's door. These are known to have problems where the circuit board inside the switch glitches out and will either have the windows all rolling down on their own, and other times they will not roll back up. The problem is inside the switch and the recommended repair is to replace the driver's door window switch.

You can do this on your own with a basic screwdriver set and trim removal tool, it will take about 10mins. Most shops will charge .5hr labor for this repair.

Has this helped answer your question? If you have any other questions about this I would be happy to help walk you through them :)