Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a new XT5 Luxury model. It is working fine, however…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new XT5 Luxury model. It is working fine, however the brake pedal is too high for my wife and is uncomfortable. She is the major driver of the XT5, so I need to adjust the pedal for her. Can it be accomplished?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XT5?

It is a 2017. We bought it in August of this year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XT5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have done nothing thus far. However, we have called the dealership that sold us the car and they seem to be cluless.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. I just need to know if the brake pedal can be adjusted even manually so that I can let the dealership know it can be accomplished.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/5/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** thing that would have made this easier would be if the vehicle had come available with power adjustable pedals. Unfortunately this was not an option on this vehicle. Being that it was not the only way to move the pedal assembly would be completely custom. The dash and steering column would need to be removed and a fabricator would need to make a new bracket. This may be hard to find as it can them become a safety issue due to the change in the placement of the pedals. I wish I had better news. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.