Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can not get the screen to change. It has the warning about…

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the screen to change. It has the warning about taking your eyes of the road

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2016sRX

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cadillac?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried tapping on the screen

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It was on the screen with the picture of the phone, settings, pandora etc and I couldn't get the screen to change. Next it went to the screen I described first

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/5/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic

hi there, I am Cam, A factory trained GM technician.

This sounds like a software issue. But first, can I assume you have turned the vehicle off and let it go to sleep for more than 20 mins?

If so, the next short term work around is to take the battery cable off for 5 mins if you are able.

Outside of that, you will need to have the radio software updated at the dealer.