Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What does "service ride control" mean on my info

Customer Question
What does "service ride...

What does "service ride control" mean on my info system...the manual just says take to a dealer...02 eldorado 90k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eldorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/2/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This indicates the suspension computer has detected a fault with one of the suspension components in your vehicle.This can be with the air ride system or a fault with a steering position sensor among other sensors and components at fault.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault.This can be done by most shops or a dealer.You can also get the fault codes read out at no charge to you most of the time at a local parts store.They will not be able to diagnose the fault but they can give you an idea of what may be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician