Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 CTS 3.6L -- Can you replace an anti theft module with…

Customer Question
2007 CTS 3.6L --...

2007 CTS 3.6L -- Can you replace an anti theft module with one from a salvage vehicle without problems?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lost a key. Bought a new one. It would not program. Took it to the Dealer. He could not program either. Tells me the anti theft module is bad. $$$$ Old (and only) key works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

Bought car use and don't recall getting one. Just have original key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not except I have two keys that don't work. One I bought and one the Dealer used which did not work.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/3/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 10 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

It would need to be programmed as all the control modules including the anti theft control module is vin specific and require the matching vin number to be programmed. This requires a tech2 scan tool