Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do you have a rough idea on the time required and cost of…

Customer Question
Do you have a rough...
Do you have a rough idea on the time required and cost of the parts
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/2/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

The Timesert kit is about $600 and the time is 24 hours plus the time to install the inserts which is about 3 hours.

The rest is the normal things you would do to replace the head gaskets so you need a head set, I do thermostat and water pump. If you want to have a machine shop do the valves and grind the head flat that is another $350 or so.

Please complete the rating if you don't have further questions

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician