Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

While driving the dashboard instruments, go to zero. Meaning…

Customer Question
While driving the dashboard...

While driving the dashboard instruments, go to zero. Meaning gas to empty, speed and tach go to zero, temp to zero. Lock light comes on and the T/C light. Then it will beep about 5 five times and the brake light will flash - then that will stop. Then hitting a pool of water and thing went back to normal. Then the next day same thing, but no pool of water to run into and shut vehicle off, it wouldn't restart right a way, then about 5 minutes, dash came back and it started normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

It was fine when last check. One thing, this hadn't occurred until it rained recently will check the fluid levels. But I believe they are fine. Car has 67000 miles and had the schedule brake and fluids changed at gm time table.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

The car also reported Stabilization System Ready, prior to all of this. 2011 STS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything as of yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had to replace the TCM in May because it was reported as defective.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Brake fluid level is full.
10/2/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Are you able to do electrical diagnostics and catch this when it is not working to diagnose at that time? So far I feel like a grounding issue is what we need to work on.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris