Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Glove box on cadillac xts won't open. hearing a clicking…

Customer Question
Glove box on cadillac...

Glove box on cadillac xts won't open. hearing a clicking sound on dash to left of steering column. But nothing engages.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It's my dad's car and I have no idea how long it has been going on. He is in the hospital and my mom is trying to drive his car but I can't let her if glove box won't open because registration is in there. Also cannot figure out how to get the brights to stay on - I had to hold in the blinker column manually to keep them on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XTS?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing it myself. We will call dealer in the morning. Just troubleshooting online now and came across this chat room.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
10/1/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 10 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The high beams will stay on if you push the lever forward. If you pull it toward you, it just flashes them as long as you hold the switch on. There is likely little we can do to get the glove box to open tonight, it's controlled by the body control module, and for whatever reason, it's not releasing the latch. It's a minor thing, I wouldn't let this hold you up. Even if Mom gets stopped, the police can check the validity of the registration. Your dealer will get to the bottom of it, I am sure.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have more questions, I am happy to follow up with you.