Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1999 cadillac escalade truck and smoke comes from…

Customer Question
Hi,I have a 1999...

Hi,I have a 1999 cadillac escalade truck and white smoke comes from the tell pipe but the radiator is always full but the reserve tank will be empty every 2 weeks ad it also have a lite missing to it what seems to be the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It a miss to it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 10 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The radiator is pulling coolant from the tank as it becomes low.This is normal for when the radiator is low this is why the reservoir continues to be low like you see.If there are no external coolant leaks seen or found this indicates the coolant is being burned off in the engine.

Most common can be a leaking cylinder head gasket internally to where coolant is leaking into a cylinder past the head gasket causing a misfire issue as well as the smoke issue.

If you can obtain a scan tool that you can plug in to observe misfire data on the scan tool you can monitor while driving to see which cylinder is misfiring.Then that cylinders spark plug should be removed to then inspect the end of it to see if there is a bunch of build up on it ( usually white or cream colored) and if there is this indicates coolant is entering that cylinder most likely from a leaking head gasket needing replaced.This has to be checked into further to locate the cause here but I suspect you may have a leaking head gasket

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete