Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Service parking assist comes on dash info. Tried to check…

Customer Question
Service parking assist comes...

Service parking assist comes on dash info. Tried to check sensors. Either they are all bad 8 or there is another issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I guess rear. No trouble codes that I know of

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2011 Cadillac DTS premium

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I can. I do most myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That would be it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/26/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This message coming on indicates that the park assist control module/ecu has detected a fault with one of its sensors or components.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

This is usually one of the sensor sending a false signal, no signal or intermittent signal needing replaced.But this will take a compatible scan tool to see which is the cause here for sure.

A shop or dealer can read out the codes, diagnose and repair the fault for a fee.A local parts store can sometimes read out the codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.

If you can get the code info and let me know what it is this will help.The codes do have to be read out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Since I did the sensor test and nothing responded that was my next step anyways. Looking for loose wire or damage sensor didn't come up with any results.

A sensor can fail internally with no visual appearance of damage or a loose wire at all.Having the codes checked will help to diagnose if one of the sensors is faulty needing replaced.Most common is usually one of those sensors sending a false or intermittent signal needing replaced but it takes a compatible scan tool to check the sensor data signals and codes to locate the faulty sensor.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician