Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We can't adjust the drivers seat. 2004 Cadillac Deville dhs.

Customer Question
We can't adjust the...

We can't adjust the drivers seat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2004 Cadillac Deville dhs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are trying to fix it. used the buttons on the seat and door

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/25/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Do any of the seat motors move the seat in any directions?

we just go the car a few weeks ago. The seat would move. Then it stopped and would not move in any direction. A few days later it would move. I drove it to work this morning and it adjusted fine. I moved it back to get out this morning. When I went to leave for lunch, it would not allow me to move it forward again. I have tried everything and it will not move. I can't reach the pedals to drive it safety home....

Does your car have memory seats which move on there own for different drivers?

There are buttons on the door.
Exit 1
Set 2
I have tried them and still nothing...

The most likely issues for this intermittent concern are going to be the switch, horizontal position sensor, horizontal motor, memory module. If no motors will move in any direction the module is more likely cause. If it just the horizontal movement not working then the things I mentioned would be the likely cause. To diagnose this we need a scan tool to monitor signals and volt ohm meter to do testing. For now you an unplug the horizontal seat motor and apply power and ground there from jumper wires to tan and light green wires. This will move the seat so you can at least reach the pedals. Would you like a wire diagram to see how this system works?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

please send a diagram and I will show this to my husband. I will diffidently give you a good rating ...
Thanks for your help.
Will you send the link through this page?
OH my! this looks so complicated! This there not a way to reset the seats?

The only reset you can perform is to remove both battery cables. Hold the cables together for one minute. Reconnect the battery and test.

Would that lose all settings everything? radio, etc???

That would result in all electrical components being reset, that does include the radio.

We did try to reset the seat settings last night but it did not clear when he held the battery cables together.
What can we try next?

Are we now on the path of try and fix it or just get the seat to move so you can drive?

We want to fix it so this does happen again.

To resolve this we need to know if the seat module is storing any trouble codes using a scan tool. Next I need to know if the horizontal motor is the only one not working or are all of them inoperable?

all of them. It won't move at all...

Can you get a scan tool to see which codes the module is storing?

Can you confirm the powers and grounds to the seat module are good?

Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Are you still needing help?