Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mt oil changed reached "0" and my radio stopped, oil is

Customer Question
Mt oil changed reached...

Mt oil changed reached "0" and my radio stopped, oil is changed and reset but the clock and radio wont work just static

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Going to this morning but some of the numbers work in the clock but not all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1993 cadillac deville

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Resetting the oil change the dealer didnt do it and when I did part of the clock numbers came back are the 2 linked?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/25/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 10 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

The oil life indicator has nothing to do with the radio display.

If the radio has stopped working, or the display is malfunctioning like you describe, the problem is within the radio itself. If it had no display at all, we could be talking about a body control module issue, as the BCM supplies power to the flourescent displays in this car, but if the display is just reading incorrectly, the radio will likely need to be replaced.

Fortunately, junkyards are full of radios for these cars, since they are rarely needed for replacement. www.car-part.com is an excellent resource, and any of the companies on that site will be happy to ship to you. You'll save a bunch of money, and replacing it is pretty easy.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.