Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2002 esclade wont start, then the alarm start going off…

Customer Question
My 2002 esclade wont start...
My 2002 esclade wont start, then the alarm start going off .then i had to unhook the ground off the battery. What is going on?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
There isnt a reset button on the fuse box
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The alarm is stock
Ok what do i have to do
Hello
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
The antitheft system is triggered on ,and that could be for several reasons , they system is connected to the door locks. Hood switch,trunk ip panel, key receiver ,security module etc, so you need Gm tech II scaner or equivelant to read the faults codes from that module and based on these code we can pull up a pin point test and be accurate ,,few things you can do make sure ,all door locks are working correctly ,check your battery for 12 volts and holding with voltmeter ,charged or replace if necessary ,try another key if u have one , and we can try A Master reset in case it was a glitch if doesn't work get it scaned and post fault codes back to me and I can help you further or we will be guessing and end up throwing part at it ,these scan at shop should run you $75 to 125 ,do not have to be dealer a lot of shop has capable scaner but not the advance auto or auto zone ,these are only basic code reader only read fault codes and can not see the antitheft module to scan itMaster Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .You are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Ok i will try that
Ok sounds hope it works
Please Don't Forget To Rate Me before you exit using Stars on Top of your screen
Thank you
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat