Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do i reset my alarm on my 2002esclade

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/23/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

its cranks over and will not fire up ?

the stock alarm or theft system ?

It wont crank

and there is NO aftermarket alarms in it ?

aftermarket or stock ?

if it is stock the stock theft system just shuts off the fuel injectors and if its not cranking over we need to see if the starter is being told to crank the engine

I think it is stock

then it should crank over

if its not it is not the alarm

put your fingers on the crank relay in the under hood fuse box do you feel it click everything time turn the key to crank position ?

I dont find a button the fuse box
Ihad to unhook the battery cable to get the alarm to sute it off

there is no relay called starter or crank ?

how are you making out ?

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Not good The alarm is still on, & still not cranking!

the alarm will NOT stop it from cranking

why have you not checked what i said to check at the relay ?