Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Cadillac srx had error message of service rear axle took…

Customer Question
My Cadillac srx had...

My Cadillac srx had error message of service rear axle took to garage said nothing was wrong. then a stablitrac error message came on lost speed towed to garage said it was a rotor and replaced. they said ok to drive then the same problem in an intersection. called garage to be towed now they said it was a bad wheel bearing and replaced but now I am afraid to drive it. help

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

53000

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your SRX?

Yes 2011 srx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No a dealer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/22/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 8 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

I'm afraid you need a new mechanic, first of all. It doesn't sound like your mechanic is equipped to diagnose these issues for you. If you received an error message on your display, then there IS an error code stored in the vehicle. Your mechanic simply may not have a scan tool that is capable of retrieving this data.

I strongly recommend letting your dealer service this for you, unless you know of an independent mechanic that is fully equipped to deal with the systems on your SRX. This is a complicated, electronic system, and you need high end tools to be able to service it.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago

Did you get this worked out?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician