Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 cts the turn signals have stopped working, the flashers…

Customer Question
2009 cts the turn signals...
2009 cts the turn signals have stopped working, the flashers have stopped working and there are hood open and trunk open messages. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cadillac
9/22/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, there can one of two things wrong. The computer or the multi-function/turn signal switch. Some testing with a scan tool is needed to be done now to confirm which one it is by doing bidirectional tests.

Many parts store loan out this tool too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.