Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My phone stopped connecting to bluetooth in the car ( and…

Customer Question
My phone stopped connecting...

My phone stopped connecting to bluetooth in the car ( and the compass is no longer working)

Mechanic's Assistant: Does your device require a code?

I'm not sure, but it's worked for a couple years stopped all of a sudden

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Compass?

It's a 2010 Cadillac SRX on the dash, it tells you which direction you're heading right above the speed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

It also just shows "-"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

More concerned about the bluetooth feature, but I even did forget this device and tried to start over and bluetooth doesn't come up also says bluetooth unavailable when you go through the menu in settings of the car

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 4 days by:
9/22/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 9 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Bluetooth and compass headings are both functions of the Onstar system. What this means to me is that you need to have this looked at professionally, by someone that is familiar with these systems and how to service them. More often than not, there will be software updates that will address anomalies like this, that's where I would start my work, if this were in my repair shop.

Your dealer is the best source for this, there are very few shops outside of a dealership that have the know-how and resources to diagnose and repair this system for you. If it's a software update, it will probably be repaired for a couple hundred dollars.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.