Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Second opinion] a bouncy rear on my 2013 Escalade EsvJA: Are

Second opinion] a bouncy rear on my 2013 Escalade EsvJA: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Taking it to a mechanic to scan the codes tomorrowJA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?Customer: I don't know if it even has a code. No warnings on the dash displayJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: It just started this. It wasn't always this way

The shock absorbers are supposed to control suspension rebound on the rear of your Escalade. If the rear end is rebounding more than one time after being compressed, the shock absorbers are not doing their job. The shocks are mechanical in nature, despite having air ride and potentially electronic dampening, the valving inside is purely mechanical, so no trouble codes will exist to diagnose a bouncy ride.

You need to have the shock absorbers replaced, if the vehicle rebounds more than one time when bounced.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It turned out to be a faulty relief valve in the compressor. I had to buy a new compressor .