Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Second opinion] 2010 CTS Performance started making a low

Second opinion] 2010 CTS Performance started making a low hum that is speed-specific. Seems like engine is working harder with higher rpms at speeds over 50 mph. Fuel consumption up a little, too.JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?Customer: Yes and yes. No electrical problems at all.JA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: No. Not familiar with Cadillacs after 1995. Tried to check trans fluid and that's a mystery too.JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: Car is fine otherwise. Had a new set of Michelins put on a month ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Speed specific humming noise is almost always caused by a fault hub wheel bearing. They need to be checked for play both on the vertical and horizontal axis and the one with play, replaced