Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

U0101 code. feels like it has 10% TPS kind of, limp mode

persay JA: Just to clarify, what's...
u0101 code. feels like it has 10% TPS kind of, limp mode persay
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: U0101, I tried resetting it no fix
JA: What is the model of your '10 Cadillac?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, nothing so far besides resetting the CEL
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it
9/15/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Which module is storing this code?

The TCM I imagine. U0101 is a TCM code. Here is everything that happens might help you out. When it is in Limp mode all this happens. Even after I clear the check engine light-PRNDM lights do not work
-back up cam does not work
-traction control light is on and says service stabilitrack, suspension, traction control etc.
-tow/haul does not turn onNow I was letting the vehicle idle lastnight and it randomly just started working, all lights went off so I took it on a test drive for about 15 miles and drive fine went through gears no issues at all. I pulled in my driveway and the traction control light came back on and all the symptoms came back

Thanks, ***** ***** have a 2007 Cadillac, what model and engine?

2007 escalade esv with a 6.2

For this code step one is to have the dealer do a TCM reprogram and shift adaptive strategy reset. If the concern returns then it is 95% likely and normally the TCM gone bad and needing to be replaced. If you need the diag steps for this code, let me know.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

what are the diag steps for the code? Just want to figure out exactly what needs done/tried since I paid for it lol. Will rate you when we are finished
if all the wiring checks out, because that's what the steps are is checking that , correct? Where would you go from there?
Should I buy another tcm and get it programmed instead if the one that may be having issues?

If the wiring is fine and the prior procedures I mentioned do not help then TCM replacement is needed.

test wiring first and then if it's good would you have the tcm in the vehicle flashed or just go right to a new one so I don't have to pay for a flash twice?

If I owned the car I would skip all and go to a new TCM since this code normally means TCM bad. For a tech standpoint and not wanting to assume and do diag instead I would follow all the tests and steps.

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician